Jan 29, 2018Job Number
Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality AssuranceLocation
Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Manager, Global Quality (GQ) Audit & Business Support is part of the Global Operations (GO) department, which is known for taking ideas into implementation across all brands, disciplines, and continents. The GQ team is responsible for driving systems, reporting and compliance processes that facilitate brand differentiation, superior guest experiences and operational excellence.
This position is accountable of developing and maintaining the processes, tools and resources that support the audit design and develop processes for all brands globally, and of providing accounting processes and budget support.
Education and Experience
• 4-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major, plus 3+ years of business management experience within the discipline or a related discipline.
• Certification and/or training in quality, process improvement, Six Sigma, project management, etc.
• Experience providing customer/client service and with cross-functional, or matrixed teams.
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications abilities.
• Strong understanding of P&L, MIGA submission process and budgeting systems.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, specifically, Excel models, vlookups, pivot tables, conditional formatting.
• Project management and problem resolution skills.
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment within budgets and timelines.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Accounting Processes and Budget Support
• Reconciles invoices to audit scope.
• Determines appropriate funding source for each hotel/audit: Chain Services, Direct Charge, Program Services Contribution, Net Admin.
• Submits and tracks internal charges based on business rules and applicable funding source.
• Maintains department budget for audits, includes managing direct costs: Allocations in and Allocations Out.
• Builds budget forecast based on future scope and potential funding source.
Global Quality Audit Support
• Supports and participates in Audit Design and Development process for all brands.
• Acts as an expert for the GQ program(s) being administered, researching and compiling reports and data that support informed decisions.
• Interacts and works directly with questions and needs of General Managers, Area Director/VPs with Marriott, franchisee and other management companies.
• Provides information regarding the details and terms of the GQ program(s), providing technical guidance as to compliance with the terms of the program(s), explains the administrative procedures surrounding the program(s) and researches and responds to all questions regarding the program(s).
• Independently performs research and analysis needed to address any questions or issues.
• Independently composes correspondence or documents pertaining to the program(s) being administered. Many times the correspondence or documents involve unique information pertaining to a specific situation or exception.
• Develops and/or maintains a tracking or reporting system pertaining to the program(s) being administered utilizing spreadsheet, database or mainframe software.
• Enhances and evolves processes and responsibilities for effective and efficient delivery of services.
• Collaborates with appropriate Marriott resources on GQ Compliance process design, content and effectiveness.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others ;prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- • Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Project Management-The ability to use a defined process to create and manage a project; this includes defining and achieving success within constraints of scope, time, resources and budget.
Project Management Software-The ability to use computer software (e.g. Project, Excel, PowerPoint) to organize, coordinate and present project information.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.