Senior Account Executive, Entertainment West- W Hotels
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800068H
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Western SouthWest Sales, Irvine, California VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Reports to: Sr. MAE US Account Sales
Position Location: Entertainment West- W Hotels
Focus: W Hotels West
Provides account management support for US Account Sales, Global Sales and Agency accounts in the Entertainment segment. Serves as single point of contact for clients at representative hotels across the US with a special focus on participating W Hotels. Applies the principles of strategic account management and team-based selling. Partners with the appropriate US Account Sales Leaders, Global Account Directors, Global Account Executives and Sales Office Entertainment Specialists to fully understand the overall account strategy and how best to execute the for their assigned accounts. Develops strategic relationships with buyers with the purpose of driving market share and revenue to all Marriott brands on a global basis with a special focus on W hotels. Verifies the pull through of Business Travel (BT), group business for their respective markets, as well as, the execution of outbound group opportunities for their assigned customers. Applies the principles of strategic account management and team-based selling. Partners with stakeholders and account team members to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts / agencies and for accounts they lead for the US Account Sales Team. Manages the Business Travel (BT) pricing process for all W hotels and all other non-luxury Marriott brands.
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; relevant work experience required.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Lodging sales experience.
- Account management experience.
- W Hotels Entertainment Sales Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Develops and implements the overall account strategy in alignment with segment strategic goals. Promotes accountability to achieve desired business results.
- Implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts
- Provides account management support for US Account, global accounts and agencies in the Entertainment segment.
- Retains, expands and grows account revenue through account growth, margin management and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
- In partnership with the US Account Sales Leadership, Global Account Directors, executes sales deployment strategies that maximize the utilization of available sales resources.
- Leverages appropriate Entertainment (e.g., US Account Sales Leadership, Global Account Executives - Entertainment, brand, ecommerce, Marketing) and market resources (e.g., group sales within the sales office and property leadership) to establish pull-through and sustainment of account strategies and selling solutions.
- Coordinates and manages large group transactions (in market and outbound) with Group Sales in the Sales Offices and hotels, on behalf of customers.
- Penetrates assigned accounts for group, transient, agency, leisure, extended stay and catering sales business. Maintain current business relationships for new business within accounts.
- Facilitates Business Travel (BT) pricing process on behalf of the accounts they lead at hotels based on the customer’s request.
- Participates in the Business Travel (BT) pricing of assigned GSO accounts at the local properties.
- Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by US Account Sales leadership.
- Manages controllable expenses.
- Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
- Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
- Identifies and solicits new accounts as agreed by US Account Sales Leadership in coordination
- Increases penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
- Leverages all available sales channels, i.e., ARM, marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc., in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
- Applies the principles of strategic account management and team-based selling.
- Verifies the pull through of Business Travel (BT), group, and extended stay business for their respective market, as well as, the execution of outbound group and extended stay opportunities for their assigned customers.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnering relationships with key economic buying influencers. Monitor current and future customer needs, goals and attitudes including competitor activity to guide targeted solution development; remove barriers to business solution development; build a customer-focused team.
- Ensure the development of account plans that focus on improving market share, leveraging efficiencies, generating revenue and reducing overhead.
Building Successful Relationships
- Manages relationships with buyers to optimize account reach and share.
- Serves as lead contact for entertainment clients.
- Serves as account’s “service guarantee” by establishing that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction. Acts as the customer advocate through understanding local account needs and opportunities.
- Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks in the market to determine strategic Sales and Marketing implications and provide feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., US Account Sales, Global Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office); partners with key stakeholders in account planning and determining strategy execution approaches for the market.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies.
- Creates strong partnerships between field and corporate by maintaining a productive dialog and exchange of ideas.
- Develops strategic relationships with buyers with the purpose of driving market share and revenue to all Marriott brands on a global basis with a special focus on the W brand.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customer needs and issues that can inform sales strategies.
- Selling Sales Approaches and Solutions - Skilled at developing and selling novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities.
- Team Based Selling - Ability to harness and leverage appropriate sales resources to facilitate goal accomplishment.
- Management of Financial Resources-Ability to analyze Profit and Loss (P&L) statements, develop operating budgets and revenue goals, forecasting, and capital expenditure planning; determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Revenue Management - Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.