Manager, Digital Analytics
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180002CE
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Manager, Digital Analytics plays an important role in understanding customer behavior across Marriott and Starwood digital properties. Specific responsibilities include:
· Analyze Marriott and Starwood digital channel performance to drive business strategy and profitability.
· Assess impact of major website changes and initiatives, including both Marriott and legacy Starwood brands.
· Review performance dashboards in weekly/monthly leadership meetings.
· Identify KPIs, forecast sales and channel mix, help set goals.
· Analyze and report on the activity of customers, linking customer website interaction data with enterprise databases to assess customer value and engagement across Marriott and Starwood websites, mobile apps and loyalty programs.
· Answer ad hoc questions from digital, brand, and loyalty teams to help set product priorities.
· Partner with Data Strategy to validate and monitor digital data quality across Marriott and Starwood websites.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, ideally with applied experience in data science, operations research, or predictive modeling.
Technical Requirements (preferred but not required upon entry)
- SQL highly preferred to access data from Marriott and Starwood databases
- SAS, Python or other languages to manipulate and shape large data sets.
- Adobe Digital Analytics tools (i.e., Ad Hoc Analysis and Report Builder)
- SAS or R to conduct statistical analysis and build predictive models.
- Python, Perl or other scripting languages to automate reporting and other processes.
- SAS, R or Tableau to create data visualizations that communicate results and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Strong coursework in quantitative disciplines, including computer science, engineering, mathematics, operations research, or statistics.
- Graduate degree in a related field a plus.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Marriott and Starwood digital, reservations and customer data and databases, with the ability to link digital, reservations and customer data to develop a customer level view of website behavior.
- Analyze and report on the activity of customers using Marriott’s websites, including Marriott.com, SPG.com, Starwood brand sites, linking website interaction data to offline customer data to assess customer value and engagement.
- Develop insights to inform product and customer acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Track the use of Marriott’s websites by customer segment and estimate the impact digital products and services on long-term customer value and engagements.
- Present dashboards and analysis to senior leaders in Marriott’s Digital organization.
- Provide data, analysis, and insights to help guide and prioritize of enhancements to Marriott’s websites.
- Establish and share best practices for measuring online customer engagement.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate reporting and dashboards.
- Promote the continued adoption of ‘Test & Learn’ approaches to maximize return on objectives.
- Partner with cross-discipline teams to leverage customer and website behavioral data to improve the performance of Marriott and Starwood content and merchandising strategies.
- Collaborate with Analytics, Research, Data Strategy teams within Marriott to share insights, improve predictive models, and digital data quality.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Stay up-to-date on developments and new capabilities in web analytics, statistical methods, and data visualization.
- Become a go-to person for insight into customer behavior on Marriott and Starwood websites for internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage a workload of multiple projects and support several teams within Marriott Digital.
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Inform and/or update leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manage time effectively and conduct activities in an organized manner.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Use problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Strong SQL skills for both data extraction and manipulation.
- Experience with different database and reporting platforms to create short-term, medium-term, and long-term reporting solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both non-technical and technical audiences, clearly communicating project needs risks, delays, and outcomes to all levels of the organization.
- Strong desire to solve business problems using data-driven solutions.
- Experience working with high-volume, complex data structures and/or web analytics data implementations.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.