Vice President, Loyalty Strategy & Innovation (Org Change)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180000BV
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Loyalty Web & Mobile Experience, and
Program StrategyKey responsibility is to identify opportunities to grow and monetize the Loyalty platform with a focus on partners who can improve and extend our core loyalty value proposition. The Vice President leads integration efforts of IT resources, Digital product teams, and Consumer Insights researchers to drive future product strategy and community features.
4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
10+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing strategy, digital or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.Key experience includes:
Working with multi-disciplinary teams on issues related to the development of digital products, articulation of requirements for digital products, and research related to creating a strategy for digital products.
Strong ability to secure resources and manage through influence rather than direct reporting relationships
Understanding of investment model for research and development programs, able to manage resources to effectively develop ideas for digital products and community plays
Exposure to marketing through various channels: direct mail, email, web, contact centers, social media
Experience managing and delivering multiple complex projects simultaneously
Project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional project teams to drive concrete results and actions
Must have excellent relationship development and management skills with both internal and external business partners; ability to say no with defensible business rationale
Proven ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization through persuasive communication and analysis
Analytical mindset and familiarity with financial principles
- Develops overall Loyalty program strategy
- Identifies opportunities to grow and monetize the Loyalty platform with a focus on partners who can improve and extend our core loyalty value proposition
- Runs an innovation capability that drives loyalty innovation
- Supports new initiatives and adjacent businesses (e.g., experiences marketplace, CX developed initiatives) in other departments that rely on loyalty
- Provides overall Loyalty program strategy & development for digital channels
- Ensures development of business requirements for Loyalty across distribution channels
- Partner with Digital and IT teams to prioritize Web and Mobile Loyalty work
- Oversees the analysis and reporting on web and mobile Loyalty program elements
- Works with Call Centers to develop and execute Loyalty program strategy
- Oversees the development of member benefits and rewards structure.
- Develops, refines, and partners with support organizations to execute new and innovative loyalty programs (e.g. F&B initiatives, B2B products)
- Partners with CX organization to incorporate company innovation projects and new businesses into Loyalty
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.