Director, Development Asset Management – Global Design
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002RIJ
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong, Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Lead and manage the TSA collection escalation process in coordination with GDAP accounting team and GDAP project managers for pipeline Hotels. Includes tracking the escalation process for resolving technical services fee non-payment issues and technical services fee disputes with Owners. Monitors and drives technical services fees’ collections before hotel openings.
- Estimate and propose technical services additional fee amount and payment schedule for projects that are delayed and provide reports and analysis to Continent Head of GDAP. Coordinate agreement from Owner on technical services additional fee amount and payment schedule.
- Manage milestone date change requests from Owner; partner with legal counsel to prepare milestone date change agreement and obtain agreement signing by Owner.
- Manage short term technical consultant service contracts; determine the scope of work and fee amount based on the services that Owner requires and service charges of the consultant. Work with legal counsel to prepare a short term technical consultant service contract and obtain agreement signing by Owner.
- Act as single point of contact for project plans and status reports of DAM and GDAP projects. Lead, drive, coordinate and schedule regular meetings/conference calls and tracking oversight over both DAM and GDAP reporting including opening projections, milestone reports and status reports. Ensure alignment, consistency and timeliness of the reports.
- Conduct analysis to identify high-risk projects and/or changes to plans and ensure information is communicated to other Departments. Manage the compilation and distribution of the openings report.
- Provide direction/oversight to department administrative staff in the tracking of key project information in Oasis replacement database and/or other tracking mechanisms used by the department. Champion the coordination and alignment of opening dates including GDAP, DAM, Operations, reporting and ensure system integrity of the dates. Systems include Oasis, Project M program and other relevant systems.
- Supervise preparation and distribution of Opening Requirements Letter which summarizes all typical opening conditions to Owners 4-6 months before opening. Follow up with Owner and relevant MI stakeholders to ensure the typical requirements are completed timely and accurately
- Manage hotel name change requests from Owner. Obtain advice from internal legal counsel and brand leaders on the new hotel name. Work with legal counsel to prepare hotel name change agreement and coordinate agreement signing by Owner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external) in order to effectively influence business decisions and optimize overall work effectiveness; involve various constituencies in problem resolution and increase their involvement in the process as appropriate.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional work experience preferred.
Hospitality experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of MI management and franchisee contracts. Experience dealing with management agreements and owner issues.
Results oriented; able to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision; applies past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems; able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
Able to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks related to project activities, escalating them as needed.
Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers and to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
Ability to consistently make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
Process oriented; able to understand, embrace and manage to project planning and execution methodology, including the associated tools and programs, work plan schedules, issue resolution tracking, and status review updates.
Responsive; ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
Good spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
University degree in [Business Management, Finance] or related discipline preferred; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- This position will be based at MI Asia Pacific Continent Office in Hong Kong and may require limited travel.
- Highly desirable in speaking and writing in Chinese, Putong Hua.