Senior Admin Assistant (Continent Lodging Services) - Americas
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002QVB
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Supports the CLSO and VP, Operations. Performs administrative functions in support of achieving the Americas Lodging Services organization objectives at HQ and in-market. Work is generally varied and administrative or project oriented. Work involves developing alternatives and determining solutions for assignments, including those that may be unique and non‑recurring. Many decisions have a measurable impact on the department/division. Often the incumbent will be responsible for interpreting internal policies and procedures and will be seen as a resource to others. Work involves handling confidential and sensitive material.
- Assembles, gains approval for and then distributes reports to senior executives.
- Prepares presentations on behalf of the CLS Officer and in support of other senior leaders on the Americas’ team.
- Answers CLSO’s telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow‑up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops alternatives to handle requests when many times the problems are not clearly identified or involve sensitive issues. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow‑up. Assist in Outlook calendar management for CLSO, makes travel arrangements upon request and leads other Special Projects as assigned.
- Composes all types of correspondence or documents, many times on behalf of the CLSO. Correspondence may be directed toward outside owners, customers or senior level executives.
- Processes data through an automated administrative system. This will include processing items such as expense reports, accounts payable, payroll and personnel data. Performs research and follow‑up necessary to solve problems encountered related to the processing of the administrative systems.
- Researches questions and problems regarding departmental or administrative policies, procedures, information or services, including questions which are complex in nature. Research typically requires obtaining data from multiple sources. Will have responsibility for a specific departmental process/system which entails research and analytical responsibilities (e.g., managing communications site, preparation of dept. organization chart, etc.).
- Reconciles departmental expense accounts as reflected on the distribution summary or operating statement; identifies discrepancies; and prepares variance analyses to explain comparisons to last year's results or the current year budget. Assist in the development and forecasting of budget items. Produce and distribute periodic CLS reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Schedules appointments and meetings or make travel arrangements for CLSO, evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding pricing and logistical issues.
- Develops databases and/or spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Will be required to perform Office Management responsibilities including but not limited to ordering Department Office Supplies and Computer Equipment/Services, maintaining printers and scanners; address functionality issues with the appropriate technical team, ensure paper and toner supplies are adequate, keep area tidy, maintain Storage Room, Team Room and filing cabinets in tidy and organized condition maintain reservation book for Conference Line Work with Facilities/Telephone Ops when service is needed/issues are encountered.
- Provide support to Owners’ Quarterly Meetings including but not limited to coordination, collection and assembly of deliverables for Quarterly Book delivery of books to executives. In conjunction with other admin assistants, where needed, help schedule meetings, coordinate catering and meeting space.
- Provide support to Americas Chief Lodging Services Officer and Vice Presidents: Site planning with event coordinator if off-HQ, coordinate catering, with CLSO, develop agenda, coordinate collection of presentations if requested assist in the hotel arrangements for attendees, review of hotel bill, obtain CSMO approval, accounting support for charge out of bill
- Provide support to coordinate work and meetings for the CLS Leaders.
- Miscellaneous tasks including but not limited to: Onboard new Associates/Coordinate; Work Exit for Exiting Associates; Create/Maintain meeting matrix, international dialing rules, international office recognized holidays and Americas Finance organization charts; coordination of Office/Cube moves; other Ad hoc Requests
- Complete knowledge of a full range of administrative processes typically gained through extensive years of experience.
- Complete knowledge of the mission, functions, organizational structure, policies and procedures of their department and division and a general knowledge of those pertaining to the Company. Incumbent is viewed as a resource to others concerning these areas.
- Knowledge of advanced functions of a word processing package and may require a working knowledge of other business software packages, including spreadsheet and graphics packages.
- Knowledge of producing financial reports and spreadsheets; therefore accounting or finance knowledge gained thorough work experience or course study would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and ability to create and/or modify presentations.
- Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments; resulting work is generally reviewed at completion. Some work may be distributed without review.
- Incumbent is responsible for executing based on priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for resolving and determining the urgency level of conflicting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, using sound judgment in decision making and discretion when handling confidential matters
- Must be able to multi-task and manage work effectively during severe time constraints
- Must be organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, attentive to deadlines and a team player
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications; proficiency in PeopleSoft, OnDemand, Marrpay and Visio is strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively given the nature of our clients being in multiple countries and time zones (a global mindset)
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant for an executive is strongly preferred