Director Brand Operations, Sheraton
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002Q33
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Europe Office - Eschborn, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director Brand Operations, Sheraton will report to the Vice President CLS, Europe.
The Director Brand Operations, Sheraton is a key member of Europe’s Continent Lodging Service team. The Director Brand Operations, Sheraton provides operational leadership to drive guest satisfaction and financial performance in the Continent. This position provides operational leadership and consultation for all lodging brands and acts as a business partner to the VPCLS, Area Vice Presidents, CLS Discipline Leads, Executive Committee Members, Department Heads, and other Continent team members. Primary responsibilities include driving Operational Excellence, execution of brand & discipline priorities, and technical & business expertise for operations.
The Director Brand Operations, Sheraton is responsible to ensure “pull through” of Continent and Brand programs, processes and initiatives at the property level. Areas of focus include operations troubleshooting, working effectively with property management teams, technical training, International Quality Assurance Program, pre-opening, hotel conversions, executing F&B concepts.
· Location requirements: The Director Brand Operations, Sheraton is located at the Europe Office – Eschborn.
· Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required.
· Travel Requirements: There is a 70% business travel required.
· Provide consultation & support to the operations functions (Food & Beverage, Event Management, Spa, Retail, Golf, Rooms & Related services) in the continent promoting organizational alignment to the brand, discipline, and business priorities.
· Accountable for aligning Operations associates on the vision and mission of providing superior guest experiences in alignment with brand differentiators.
· Act as the strategic business partner to the Operations stakeholders and provides technical and business expertise to assist properties in achieving optimum performance in the balanced scorecard goals including revenue generation.
· Partner with CLS Discipline Leads to support work processes that drive innovation, enhance brand differentiation, and speed to market.
· Identify business opportunities or risks by keeping abreast of industry, competitor, economic, and internal trends.
· Develop processes to enhance communication and sharing of best practices across the continent.
· Acts as a subject matter expert regarding delivery of superior guest services and experiences. Fully versed on total Hotel Operations Brand Standards and MI’s Quality Assurance process and program.
· Promote and sell ideas persuasively to properties for stimulating business opportunities, improving service, and increasing profitability.
· Coordinate new hotel opening support to include market research, concept development, space plan reviews, talent selection, and task force needs. Involved as needed in the DAP Process for Tier B&C Hotels.
· Monitor GSS, Financial results, and appropriate metrics to identify and manage business and financial risks.
· Maintain close and productive working relationships with the AVP to resolve hotel operational issues and participate in property visits as needed.
· Respond to and resolves operational requests from key stakeholders.
· Coordinate the execution of discipline specific training classes in partnership with CLS Discipline Leads.
· Involved in Recruitment efforts to attract, develop, and retain top talent for operations. Active participant in the development of a global pipeline of talent for Operations.
· Ensures consistent execution & pull through of enterprise wide Initiatives, Products, Programs, and Services.
· Identify opportunities to improved product quality, service delivery, and financial performance.
· Ensure a communication feedback loop is in place to share ideas, concerns, and execution issues from the market to GOS.
· Specific areas of focus are not limited to those listed and will change as Continent priorities change.
· Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH and Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
· 10+ years of progressive experience in hotel industry preferred (e.g., combined experience to include food & beverage, rooms operations, event management, quality assurance and prior strategic leadership roles or GM assignments with responsibility for multiple units)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Excellent food & beverage, event management, rooms operations, and quality assurance skills, including experience with strategic planning, budgeting, negotiating and interpreting contracts, SOPs, and project management.
· Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrix organization.
· Excellent communication skills and “hands-on” approach in teaching and training.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results under tough conditions, even when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
· Demonstrated success in evaluating risks and developing proactive strategies and plans to mitigate business issues.
Education and Professional Certification:
· Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred
· Graduate degree, e.g., MBA or related degree preferred
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.