Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002PQR
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Managing the on-going monitoring, measuring and forecasting of the Continent portion of the Sales & Marketing Funds, the financial performance and the development and implementation of actionable recommendations to address identified business challenges and opportunities.
- Assist in Integration related projects.
- Run and review General Ledger and financial reporting in PeopleSoft.
- Candidate Profile
- Minimum of 3 years within Accounting and Finance role.
- Knowledge of internal Marriott accounting practices (preferred)
- Knowledge of internal Marriott funding procedures and governance models (preferred)
General Finance and Accounting
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong technical skills in Financial Application and Reporting – preferably PeopleSoft
- Strong organization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Work with BMSC and Finance discipline to oversee the accounting, reporting and financial analysis necessary to support the organization
- Assist in monitoring and analysis of programs, services and initiatives costs to ensure compliance with funding and cost allocation methodologies
- Advises Finance Manager/Director of Finance on existing and evolving financial issues
- Ensures set-up and review of Owner Franchise Billing (OFB)
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers.
- Monitor the Operating statements, its accuracy and deliver to appropriate discipline on a monthly basis
- Effectively leverages centralized accounting processes via OFB and Marriott Business Services
- Ensures Continent, permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current
- Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager