Senior Manager, Interior Design
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002NLI
Job Category Global Design
Location Singapore Regional Office, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Provides and manages all aspects of franchised, managed or corporate interior design services for new construction, renovation and conversion projects for hotel brands. Has a strategic goal focus.
- 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the hospitality design industry.
Certifications applicable to the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)
· NCIDQ certificate preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry.
- Strong business acumen.
- Problem solving & creative solution skills.
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Manages the complete design process and documentation package for interior design of a hotel project brand image of excellence in quality of design and aesthetic appeal.
- Is responsible to review and authorize payment for work orders.
- Solicits proposals, negotiates contracts and monitors performance.
- Makes recommendations for development or improvement of processes.
- Reviews and approves mock-up rooms.
- Performs final implementation (punch list) review to ensure compliance with brand concepts and standards.
- Conducts and leads onsite reviews, surveys and meetings with Operations and Owners.
- Assists Design Director in managing project budget, schedule and personnel requirements.
- Represents the division, both internally and externally, in interior design issues.
- Mentors design team members to facilitate professional growth.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
O Project Management-The ability to use a defined process to create and manage a project; this includes defining and achieving success within constraints of scope, time, resources and budget.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
O Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
O Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
O Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
O Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
O Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.