Cluster Events Executive
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002MF3
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Cluster Event Executive is responsible for supporting the hotels within the designated Cluster set-up. Acting as a trainer, mentor and overall support role.
The expectations of the role will be to support the hotels when required as directed by the Cluster Director of Sales. Support will comprise of responding and managing incoming enquiries, from conversion through to seamless transition to operations for event execution and back to sales. In this role you will also be required to manage the training and mentoring of new and existing associates at Event Executive level for each property. It is essential to be available when required to work at specific properties for a period of time. Flexibility in travel is a must in this role.
The Cluster Event Executive provides excellent customer service through every element of the event or group enquiry, utilizing strong selling skills.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with all relevant hotel departments and the customer to ensure consistent, high level service through pre –event, during event and post event.
Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue, conversion and drive repeat business.
The Cluster Event Executive takes personal responsibility to adhere to sales and event brand standards for enquiry handling, event planning, pre & post-event.
· Background in customer service role, sales, event management ideally within an hotel environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Effective sales skills
· Knowledge of meetings & event management
· Effective communication (verbal, listening, writing) and negotiation skills
· Strong customer development and relationship management skills
· Strong organization skills
· Knowledge of contract management and legalities
· Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation and banquet and event service operations
· Knowledge of event technology products and services
· Knowledge of current trends in event management and event technology
· Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
· Ability to execute against an agreed event and group strategy
· Ability to use Microsoft Office software applications and hotel system applications
· Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
· Effective influence skills
· Effective decision making skills
· Effective Training and Mentoring skills required
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Attach the Leadership Competencies template that corresponds to the career band for the position.
· Ownership for the management and conversion of assigned enquiries
· Coordination of all customer requirements, including communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer the details of an event up to handover to operations on the day of event execution.
· Expertise in menu planning, food presentation, meeting room set ups, audiovisual and banquet service standards. Cooperate with Banqueting Operation and Kitchen team to develop new F&B concepts according to the Meetings Imagined.com purposes
· Correct use of systems process to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
· Sells to a pre-determined event and group strategy
· Works within brand standards & systems processes
· Generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
· Effectively manages bedrooms blocks and meeting space inventory for assigned groups
· Conducts compelling show rounds to win the business
· Execution of Meetings Imagined.com, MSA
· Proactively resolicits previous customers and event bookers for future opportunities
· Guest Satisfaction
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Provides excellent customer service. Ensures all associates involved in and event or booking understand expectations and parameters.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
· Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
· Actively solicits feedback from the hotel departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Sales and Revenue Management
· Delivers a compelling sales experience to drive conversion and repeat business
· Provides appropriate feedback to overcome obstacles to selling, including pricing, inventory availability and event execution
· Effectively up sells products and services throughout the event process.
· Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
· Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
· Accurately forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
· Flexibility in location and travel is essential