Luxury/Elite Desk Specialist - Spanish
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002J43
Job Category Reservations
Location Cork GRSCC, Cork, Cork VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Experience with Marriott CEC essential.
Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and spoken, is essential.
The Luxury/Elite Desk Specialist will care for Ritz Carlton, Ritz Carlton Reserve, St. Regis, and Luxury Collection with a focus on concierge requests, luxury guests, and Luxury Travel agencies – care for loyalty account inquiries / services and case management. Handle top tier Loyalty services, from care to reservations and special concierge requests – care for escalated customer care calls transferred from other teams; take over complex customer care files; review reservations for errors to determine cause and solution. Will assist customers with information regarding the hotel’s accommodations, amenities, surroundings, quality, value and ultimately making reservations using enhanced service skills, and the additional property specific knowledge/tools provided, including offering alternate accommodations if the original request cannot be met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To learn, understand and communicate a thorough knowledge of Marriott philosophies to our customers.
2. To assist Marriott customers in making reservations, providing a level of service which upholds the highest standards and incorporates the Luxury/Elite Desk enhanced service skills.
3. To maintain a tradition and attitude of having the desire to provide excellent service to guests and fellow associates. To respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; to accept interpersonal differences and to maintain rapport.
4. To help create an ongoing effort of improvement for the Knowledge Group and Reservation Center through personal action and the contribution of ideas. To aspire to achieve total guest satisfaction on each and every call.
5. To effectively recognize and resolve issues, taking action to overcome challenges to get work done efficiently, with a high degree of quality. To make sound and logical decisions, using good judgment and common sense.
6. To learn and support Luxury/Elite Desk Standards; to strive to eliminate defects and uphold the quality processes of the Luxury/Elite Desk. To provide exceptional service to our customers, and fellow associates.
7. You may be asked to act as On-the-Job Trainer (OJT) on the Luxury/Elite Desk. This may include, but is not limited to, double-jacking with and “ghosting” during training classes. In addition Luxury/Elite Desk Associates must be willing to train and instruct other members of Luxury/Elite Desk by passing along necessary skills and information to assist them in their development and advancement.
8. The Luxury/Elite Desk Associate should strive to understand our business, and learn the requirements of the operation to maintain the service and the quality levels of The Luxury/Elite Desk.
9. Associates must possess an exceptional knowledge of Marriott Rewards and booking procedures.
10. Associates will be trained to assume elevated responsibility including redeeming and booking Marriott Rewards and handling special requests.
11. To answer all incoming telephone calls efficiently, using professional and courteous verbiage as defined in The Luxury/Elite Desk’s current monitoring guidelines. The same verbiage and level of professionalism and courtesy are expected to be used on outbound calls to guests, and hotels and Marriott Rewards.
12. Complete Guest Incident Action forms to assist in addressing guest concerns and complaints (“opportunities”) in a considerate, efficient and thorough manner.
13. Resolve all guest opportunities in accordance with The Luxury/Elite Desk Standards regardless of the issue at hand.
14. Record guests’ special service requests and follow through on their completion. The Luxury/Elite Desk Associates will attempt to satisfy all special requests, as outlined in their Outbound Call Handling Training.
15. When booking a Marriott Reward Redemption, you must ask the customer if they have ordered their award. If they respond that they have not, you must offer to transfer the customer according to the established transfer guidelines for Luxury/Elite Members.
16. The Luxury/Elite Desk functions on a seven day per week basis. Associates may be required to work different shifts and schedules to accommodate the changing demands of the business, including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The number of hours worked each week may be adjusted to meet the changing demands of business, which may require working more or less than forty hours in any week.
17. To accept that telephone calls will be monitored frequently and shop calls will be placed often, to ensure that The Luxury/Elite Desk standards are being maintained.
18. Handle overflow calls using good listening and communication skills to secure information necessary to complete a reservation.
19. Applies all trained sales techniques to convert calls into reservations while complying with sales strategies identified in training.
20. Handle incoming calls with a seamless transfer for the guest using words like “Our and We”.
21. Have specific knowledge of all represented hotels and knowledge of the difference between brands.
22. Promotes effective cross selling strategy of Marriott hotel products whenever the primary hotel or product line is unable to accommodate a reservation request.
23. Maintain and display a pleasant, helpful, courteous attitude while providing excellent service to all customers and associates in the center. To respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; to accept interpersonal differences and to maintain rapport.
24. To strive to become an independent associate, able to analyze problems and to formulate plans to overcome challenges to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality. To make sound and logical decisions and to choose appropriate courses of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand and to use the problem solving tools that are available through the Total Quality Management Process.
25. Be familiar and utilize the “INF” mini hotel/Hotel DH Screen, IDIR, and Group Fact Screens for answering guest or hotel questions.
26. Know how to handle and book group reservations; Know when to and not to book a housing protected group booking; Be familiar and utilize the group fact screen.
27. Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.