Senior Manager, Paid Search Marketing - Transaction Based Programs
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 170029CK
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This Senior Manager position is responsible for leading Marriott’s demand-led paid search program. The global search engine landscape is rapidly growing in complexity with new, sophisticated and unique ways to reach consumers across the world. As the world’s largest hotel company, Marriott International is looking for the right candidate to drive the strategy, management and evolution of our paid search engine marketing (SEM) efforts. This role will focus on generating performance and profitability for all 6,000+ hotels worldwide, based upon search demand from global markets. This role will manage multiple search agencies, and partner with several internal teams across Digital, Global Marketing, Loyalty, Measurement & Analytics, as well as members of our franchise community.
The position reports directly to the Director, Global Paid Search Marketing.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- Ideal candidate possesses 6+ years of total marketing experience, including 4+ years in digital marketing required
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience, ideally with one or more direct reports
- 3+ years paid search marketing experience strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate has worked in an agency environment or client services program
- Overall understanding of digital marketing concepts and analytics
- Strong knowledge of paid search (SEM), data tracking, measurement and integration
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Paid Search Strategic Contributions:
- Strong knowledge of paid search (SEM), campaign tracking, data analysis, reporting/measurement and innovating with new technology
- Works with other paid search team members to develop strategic direction and coordination of campaigns worldwide.
- Develops goals and objectives for several paid search programs with wide-ranging Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from driving awareness to loyalty acquisition to profit-based performance.
- Ensures achievement of annual paid search targets for Marriott’s paid search program in the US and internationally.
- Partners with key stakeholders to communicate strategic value of paid search efforts, to cultivate internal knowledge and affinity for paid search related efforts.
- Leads key strategic projects in bidding strategy, creative and landing page optimization.
- Makes decisions based upon data and analytics, driving strategic insights for Marriott, both within and outside of the paid search program.
- Ensures Marriott’s agency partners are aligned on Marriott’s global strategy.
- Provides subject matter expertise on paid search strategies to members of Global Marketing, Measurement & Analytics, Digital, Loyalty, IT, and other groups as needed.
- Plays a leading role in managing key relationships with vendors such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex and Baidu.
Paid Search Program Execution & Analysis
- Manages successful execution and coordination of several complex paid search campaigns in support of all Marriott brands, promotions, products and 6,000+ properties worldwide.
- Leverages technical knowledge to drive strategic and tactical optimizations of paid search campaigns.
- Manages large scale, high dollar media budgets and executes campaigns within existing budget parameters.
- Communicates regularly with key internal stakeholders to develop strategies and implement schedules for adding new keywords to support promotions, new products/service offerings and strategic business targets.
- Analyzes campaign results to maximize sales and other valuable actions on Marriott.com. Communicates updates and provides direction and insights based upon results to campaign stakeholders.
- Stays updated on paid search best practices, new products, policies for major search engines, and industry news. Provides ad-hoc summaries about important paid search industry changes and identifies new search opportunities.
- Works with the Digital Team, as appropriate, to develop, test and enhance new web experiences.
- Researches and evaluates competitor paid search efforts.
- Focuses on mobile optimization and innovating via emerging technology and trends.
- Executes in-market tests to gain learnings and improve campaign efficiencies.
Interaction with Key Corporate Stakeholders and Regional Field Marketing Efforts
- Helps lead coordinated efforts with Marriott’s Organic Search, Programmatic Media, and other Paid Media team strategies.
- Works internally with Global Marketing, Loyalty, Digital Services, IT, Measurement & Analysis, Regional and other Field Marketing teams.
- Overseas coordination with the Field to mitigate duplication of efforts and increase Marriott’s overall presence in the search engines.
- Proactively communicates with the Field Marketing teams regarding corporate paid search efforts, learnings and quarterly performance updates.
Vendor Relationship Management
- Supervises external online advertising agencies to execute paid search programs against objectives.
- Supervises search engine relationships with Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu and more.
- Supervises relationship with external bid management platform.
- Supervises partnerships with other Marriott vendors for competitive intelligence, location-based analysis, etc.
- Coordinates with other Marriott digital marketing agencies and partners to ensure strategic alignmen
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Sets clear goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds direct report(s) accountable for performance.
- Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding department goals.
- Translates broader organizational initiatives into relevant goals for direct report(s).
- Creates and nurtures an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication with direct report(s).
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
- Ensures the right jobs are in place to do the work.
- Looks for ways to better organize work and assign tasks.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to do the job.
- Models and coaches team on scope of decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
- Reinforces an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Models expectations for desired/required acceptable behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Develops direct reports by identifying needs and partnering on developmental plans.
- Supports recruitment efforts and builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Models and coaches others on making effective hiring decisions using available tools and processes.
- Ensures successful on‐boarding of new talent.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.