Aug 03, 2017Job Number
Japan GSO, Tokyo, Tokyo-To VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or e-mail. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type. Verify availability of room type and rate. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers. Accommodate and document special requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations. Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue. Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system. Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns. Also handle special arrangements for guests prior to arrival contacting overseas hotels.
- Good Communication Skills (Both Japanese and English)
- TOEC Score: 700 or higher
- Computer Savvy
- Hospitality Mind
- Previous Industry Experience is not required but is a plus
- Answering incoming calls efficiently and in a courteous manner, according to Marriott Reservation Sales Standards.
- To assist Marriott guests in making reservations; provide customer service and assist with problem resolution in a professional manner. To identify different types of guests and adjust selling skills appropriately to capture the sale.
- Demonstrate competent operation of the Marriott computer systems and telephone console.
- Maintain updated knowledge and understanding of all Marriott Lodging Brands and programs.
- Maintain updated knowledge and understanding of all hotel-selling strategies to maximize hotel occupancy and revenue.
- Maintain continuous improvement in Conversion, calls per hour and Revenue Per Call.
- Be willing to train and instruct other associates by passing along skills and information.
- Identify and report equipment problems, system errors and incomplete/incorrect hotel/DRS information to the proper department.
- To carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
- To answer e-mails from customers.
- Local Package (salary & transportation paid in Japanese yen)
- Medical Insurance
- Employee Pension Insurance
- Employment Insurance
- Accident Cmpensation Insurance
- Vacation Leave
- Employee Discount Rate benefit
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.