Business Analyst, Loyalty Fraud
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17000N9V
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location China Area Reservations, Guangzhou, China VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Business Analyst, Loyalty Fraud position, Located in Guangzhou, China, is an integral part of the Marriott Rewards Fraud and Compliance team, primarily responsible for detection, monitoring, analysis and reporting on internal and external Loyalty program abuse. This role supports Loyalty program risk mitigation objectives through data analysis, reporting, in-region partnerships and account curing within the fraud landscape. Using risk targeted parameters, the candidate will develop use cases and complex database queries to retrieve and shape data from Marriott’s data warehouse, conduct analysis/research including identification of suspicious activity and trends. The candidate will aid in the identification of loopholes and recommend procedures to minimize fraudulent actions. The candidate will work closely with Asia-Pacific hotels and in-region above property support teams to develop and socialize applicable fraud and compliance protocols.
· Maintain attention to detail when validating data, spreadsheets, models and presentations
· Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications.
· Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind and displays creativity and innovation.
· Provide superior customer-service, including evaluation/validation of requests and prompt follow-up.
· Utilize effective time management skills in order to prioritize and organize multiple projects’ deadlines.
· Effective change management skills
· Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal and professional growth; shares knowledge and expertise with others
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Developing scalable, automated processes to facilitate on-going fraud identification, mitigation and reporting
· Develop high risk transactions criteria by understanding the key drivers in suspicious activity detection
· Use SQL to write complex queries against distributed databases
· Use SAS, R or Tableau to create data visualizations that communicate results and trends
· Translate analytical findings into actionable insights for leadership and key stakeholders
· Assist with management and creation of internal and end user reporting. Prepare various templates, reports and summaries using Microsoft Software: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as the Engage Case Management tool.
· Maintain on-going partnership with the Manager and Business Analyst on the Salt Lake City Marriott Rewards Fraud and Compliance team to understand fraud trends and identification/research methods
· Provide data analysis for large-scale ad hoc fraud investigations
· Assist with management of written communications to MR members regarding suspicious or incorrect point/mile/bonus earning activity.
· Post corrections and adjustments directly to accounts.
· Maintain confidentiality of data and sensitive situations, working with appropriate center, corporate and property personnel on issues which involve improper use of the Marriott Rewards program and may result in the discipline of Marriott associates.
· Work with Guangzhou Customer Care team in the handling of general and escalated customer inquiries.
· Partner with above property Asia- Pacific resources to facilitate hotel/associate compliance
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g. finance, operations research, economics, mathematics, statistics) plus 2 years relevant work experience in a related field; OR a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in a related field, required.
· Loyalty program and/or risk management experience a plus.
· Possess expertise in some combination of SQL, SAS, R, Perl, Python, Tableau. Ability to independently develop database scripts to pull targeted activity.
· Exhibit strong data analysis skills, including querying and manipulation of large quantities of data using applications such as Microsoft Excel and Access (pivot tables, modeling, etc.)
· Proven problem solving skills
· Familiarity with Social monitoring tools, knowledge in Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos and/or MicroStrategy (preferred but not required upon entry)
· Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to concisely convey a complex case to cross-functional audience.
· Ability to develop strong relationships and work on cross functional teams
· Independent, self-starter