Hotel/Office: Sortis Hotel & Casino, Autograph Collection
Location: Panama City, Panama
Brand: Autograph Collection
Position Type: Management
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Relocation is offered.
Functions as the Primary Strategic Business Leader of the Casino with responsibility for all aspects of the operation including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both MI and ownership. Leads the Casino management team in the development and implementation of business strategies. Ensures implementation of the service strategies and brand standards and initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. In addition, the General Manager builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement in the sales process. The General Manager is ultimately responsible for compliance with all local gaming regulations, Nevada Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS), as well as Marriott SOP’s for Casino Operations. Position will assist as necessary the Resort General Manager on interfacing with property ownership. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. Position takes a proactive leadership role within the community and liaises as necessary with local government officials and other Casino operators in order to achieve all potential market synergies.
6 to 10 years in Casino Management positions. Solid Financial and Casino operations background
Bachelor’s Degree (Finance / Accounting preferred)
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of Casino, Financial, and/or Hotel operations
- Solid knowledge of mathematics, table gaming and slot operation
- Extensive Business Acumen and the ability to apply throughout the organization
- Knowledge of Casino revenue management and marketing strategies
- Ability to understand the Casino marketing organization and corresponding sales processes
Merchandising and promotional skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of governmental regulations, Nevada MICS, and Marriott SOP’s as well as local safety standards
- Working knowledge of hotel and Casino laws governing operations
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage labour costs
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Ability to use strategic planning and product positioning skills to grow the business
- Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to customer profile and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
- Ability to manage customer preference, loyalty and satisfaction
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty/risk
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective influence skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong associate relations skills and knowledge of local labor laws and practices
Education or Certification
College or University degree preferred
Balanced Scorecard Results: Develops strategies and executes activities to drive financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index results and grow overall Casino revenues.
Operations: Sets expectation and holds Casino leadership team accountable for implementing the hotel strategy and brand initiatives throughout all aspects of the Casino operation. Continuously challenges the team to improve operations. Ensures compliance with brand operating standards, local gaming regulations as well as Nevada MICS in order to maintain brand and professional integrity.
Guest Satisfaction: Focuses Casino Management team on delivering services and products to meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty and grow top line revenue and market share. Supports overall brand service strategy across all associate levels and continually focuses on improving guest satisfaction.
Human Resources: Sets expectation with Casino Management team to hire, develop and retain a top performing management team. Reinforces the need for strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership in the operation. Focuses on building team synergy to deliver results. Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the brand’s culture, ensures fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
Sales and Revenue Management: Focuses leadership team on building the Casino’s top line revenue. Drives key customer relationships through personal involvement in the sales process and ongoing guest relations. Ensures sales and marketing strategies are developed and executed against in all revenue producing areas. Sets expectation and holds the Casino marketing team accountable for leveraging Casino sales, maximizing the return to the Casino and initiating independent activities when appropriate. Continuously promotes Drop and Win to increase revenue growth to ensure the financial health of the Casino. Functionally is the General Sales Manager for the Casino.
Financial Management: Oversees the annual operating budget including capital expenditures to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the Casino. Ensures successful performance by maximizing profitability and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International. Encourages Casino Management team to identify opportunities to increase profits and create value. Challenges existing processes, rewards innovative thinking and drives necessary change to maximize financial performance.
Owner Relations: Assist the Resort General Manager in developing a trusting and respectful business partnership with property ownership by communicating effectively and meeting or exceeding expectations in operations management and financial performance.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Casino Floor Plan and FF&E Specifications
Assist with the Casino Proforma where applicable for prospective acquisition or development of new Hotel/Casino properties.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Direct/Indirect Report Lines: Is directly responsible with solid report lines for Casino marketing, Table Games Operations, Casino Administration, and Slot Operations. Has an indirect (dotted line) responsibility for Casino Compliance, Surveillance, Cage, Casino Systems, Casino Accounting Soft/Hard Count. Additional support functionalities and oversight are provided by Human Resources, Accounting, Housekeeping and Engineering.
The following are specific duties and responsibilities critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Co-chairs property Casino oversight committee to continually and proactively develop strategies and processes to improve Casino performance and tighten existing controls.
- Actively manages and supports Casino credit policies that align themselves with overall business strategies and controls
- Sets and maintains Table and gaming limits that correctly position the Casino within its competitive set and maximize revenue while accepting an appropriate level of risk
- Actively participates and supports Property associate relations and guest satisfaction/problem solving teams and initiatives.
- Develops a Casino business strategy that is aligned with both International Lodging’s and the brand’s business strategies. Ensures sustainable work processes and systems are put in place to support execution of the strategy.
- Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding Casino goals to produce desired results
- Participates in monthly Casino internal control audits with concrete follow actions and plans to address deficiencies identified.
- Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results; ensures integration of Casino goals in departmental game plans and the Leadership Performance Process (LPP).
- Integrates business information and foresees events which may directly or indirectly affect the Casino’s business plan. Analyzes business results and works with Casino Management team to develop an effective strategy to address needs.
- Makes key decisions and oversees execution, removes obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results.
- Creates a synergistic Casino Management team and business environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results.
- Inspires and motivates team achieve operational excellence; encourages calculated risk-taking.
- Conducts periodic review of key Casino Statistics to analyze performance, hold, and customer preference and incorporate into future plans and actions
- Researches and analyzes new products and pricing and services of competition. Introduces ideas to Casino Management team to enable property to remain competitive.
- Champions change, ensures any appropriate business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Is perceptive of the Casino and business environment. Reviews physical condition of the Casino and ensures it is well maintained and operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Ensures that appropriate beverage controls are implemented to control costs while providing quality product and service.
- Assists and leads Casino marketing with the development of profitable promotions that align correctly with the Casino’s overall business strategy and positioning.
- Other duties as required
Get job updates & alerts from Marriott